Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Return of the Blog??

I was really moved to find that people from all continents (maybe except Antarctica) still visit even though I no longer update. Thank you Google Analytics for the info! I also have a lot of spare time these days. Perhaps I should start sharing again? Travel Guides anyone? From September to early October 2010 I went on a few trips to Hong Kong, Macau Japan and Singapore and got some excellent photos! Stay tuned.

The main building of the Kiyomizu-dera (clear water temple). One of my favourite temples in Kyoto, Japan. 
Cleverly named after the waterfall that lies nearby, it is a Buddhist temple dating back to 798.
It is one of the largest structures made ENTIRELY out of wood (not a single nail is used)
and is a UNESCO world heritage site (one of many in Kyoto). The building itself dates back to 1633.

No comments:

Post a Comment